Back to All Events

Hunger Walk/Run 2020

  • Home Depot Backyard (map)
Big Shoes Web Graphic.png

Since 1984, the Hunger Walk/Run has been an annual 5K/“fun run” of the The Atlanta Community Food Bank and its partners. Proceeds benefit the ACFB and other local nonprofits, programs, and ministries focused on hunger relief. These benefiting partner organizations help recruit participants and receive a percentage of the funds raised to support their direct hunger relief programs.

As a benefitting partner, the Presbytery of Greater Atlanta keeps 60% of the funds we raise, which supports our P.A.T.H. Grant (Presbyterians Answer to Hunger) program. All PGA churches are eligible to apply for a P.A.T.H. Grant to support hunger initiatives within their congregation. The remaining 40% that we raise goes to the Atlanta Community Food Bank where - among many other outstanding results - they leverage every $1 into $9 worth of groceries for hunger relief (enough for 4 meals!).

In recent years, the youth of our presbytery have raised approx. $140,000 for hunger relief, $35,000 in 2017 alone (up 94% from 2016). Our youth have paved the way for us to become a strong benefitting partner. Let’s all join with them to reach our 2020 goal!

Who Do I Contact? 

Earlier Event: January 25
Tech Basics for Churches